Wayne VIP50 1/2 HP Sump Pump
Benefit of the Product to the Customer
Sump pumps have helped lots of homes over the past decades. With the advent of sump pumps, home flooding have been reduced to the barest minimum. However, without installing the right sump pump, a flooding situation may occur. With this Wayne VIP50 1/2 HP Thermoplastic Portable Electric Water Removal Pump and it's 1/2 inches discharge pipe, water can be drained at the right pressure.
The pump also comes at a very low price which makes it quite affordable for every sump pump user. With its great features, this is definitely an added advantage to customers and users of the product.
Best Feature of the Product
· This 1/2 HP pump comes with a maximum flow rate of 2500 gallons per hour. In addition, it has a discharge lift of 1550 GPH at 10ft.
· The pumps bottom suction is able to filter solids of 3/8 inches and reduce water to as low as 1/8 inches.
· Designed with a thermoplastic construction, it is able to stay submerged and remain corrosion-free.
· It works best with a 100 Volts electrical supply
Pros and Cons
- It is very easy to install and use. The pump can work continuously without a reduction on its performance strength
- Unlike some pumps of old, this product works quietly and allows you have peace in your home
- The pump reduces water in the sump basin to as low as 1/8 inches. This reduces the possibility of flooding in the basement.
- The price of the product is just perfect for someone working with a budget. Not only would one save up on some cash, one will be able to get great quality for their money.
- It cannot be used for very large drainage. Because of its discharge lift and flow rate it is not ideal for a sump basin that accumulates a large body of water.
User Guide of the Product
For better installation of the product, it is best to follow the instructions in the manual. To begin the installation process, you have to:
- Acquaint yourself with the local requirements of using sump pumps in your area, especially for home use
- Unbox the product and keep each part arranged for easy identification
- Clean out the already installed sump basin and ensure there are no residual debris material in it
- Gently place the product into the sump basin and ensure it sits on a solid, level ground. It is ideal to use a brick or something solid rather than place on a gravel or sandy floor. This ensures that when the pump is working, it would not fall to one side
- Ensure that the body of the sump pump is not resting or touching the sides of the sump basin also
- When safely placed, connect the discharge pipe and it's adapter. Make sure the discharge pipe is located far away from the building.
- It is recommended to install a check valve to prevent the back flow of water.
- Tighten all fittings and ensure no air or water leakage is allowed
- Test the installed sump pump to see if it works as needed. To do this, add a bbucket of water to the sump basin and switch on the pump
- The water added to the sump basin should easily be pumped out through the discharge pipe out of the house
- If there is noticeable leakages, find the place and make corrections to the fittings.
Maintenance of the Product
When we speak of maintenance of products, it involves all the processes carried out to get the product to function properly over its expected lifespan. When it comes to sump pumps, maintenance is mostly about cleaning.
- Switch off the product from its electrical supply source
- Open the top lid of the sump basin
- Disconnect the discharge pipe and adapter from the pump
- Take out the sump pump and clean its surface with a damp cloth. Wash discharge pipes with pressure water house. This will ensure all clogging materials are removed easily. Repeat this step until you are satisfied with the cleaning
- Remove clogged particles on the inlet on the pump
- When done, connect all piping materials back to their original locations
- Check to see if this was done well by switching on the sump pump. If any leakage is observed or the pump fails to function as it did before, check to see where error was made during reconnection.
Frequently Asked Questions
My pump is working but it delivers little water
You may want to check if the recommended voltage is being supplied to the pump. If this is not, you should contact your electrician as soon as you can. There may be obstruction of the pipes with clogging materials. Ensure to clean out the pipes.
My pump refused to switch on
Check to see if the sump pump plug is properly connected to the supply source. If it is, check to see if the socket is turned on. If this does not seem to be the problem, you may have a faulty switch. You would have to get this changed. The motor fuse could also be blown. This would need replacement to get the machine up and running
The water in my sump basin is not pumping out
If you've checked the above possible causes and solutions, you may want to check if the pipes are really not blocked. If it occurs during the cold months, your outdoor discharge pipe may have been frozen from the cold. You would need to thaw the pipes to allow for easy flow of water
ConclusionThis Wayne VIP50 1/2 HP Thermoplastic Portable Electric Water Removal Pump is an affordable choice for individuals on a budget. It offers all the great features of any average sump pump. It's use is limited to a certain size of sump basin. Ensure it is what you need before buying. If it is, it promises to give you quality performance.