Superior Pump 91250 Review
Benefit of Product to Customer
The Superior pump 91250 has several benefits to its users. It can be used in several places – both residential and commercial – to help reduce flooding. If you have a swimming pool in your house that has turned green and unattractive, the Superior Pump 91250 is very easy to use to help drain out the bad water.
It also comes with a filter that is capable of filtering debris in your water. Although you may want to add a bucket perforated with holes to assist its filter if the sizes of the debris are too large for the filter. Knowing full well that your home basement is not in any danger of flooding or associated dampness can be a refreshing feeling.
Best Feature of the Product
The Superior pump 91250 has amazing features that makes it stand out from others out there. Here are some of its remarkable features:
- This sump pump is able to push out water at a maximum pressure force of 1800 gallons per hour. This makes it an idea pump for medium scale drainage. In addition to this, it has a discharge lift of 1200 GPH at 10ft.
- It comes with a 10 foot cord and has its motor housing made from reinforced double sealed, thermoplastic material. This allows it to stay submerged without risk of damage or corrosion.
- It has filters on its button suction that is capable of filtering debris material of up to 1/8 inches. It also has the capability of reducing water down to 1/8 inch from the surface.
- It comes with a 3/4 inch garden hose adapter which can easily be connected with its large 1-1/2 inch discharge pipe.
- The pump also comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
Pros and Cons
- When it comes to domestic or residential uses, the Superior pump 91250 far outweighs the others in terms of consistency and reliability. Its smal body design allows it to be set up easily irrespective of space availability. The pump does not heat up during dry conditions like most others do but this does not mean you shouldn’t keep an eye on it. This ability to not overheat is as a result of its amazing internal cooling system. It is capable of lifting water vertically up to a height of 25 feet.
- There are two main cons for the Superior pump 91250. The first of which is the fact that the product doesn’t come with a float switch. This means you would have to get one for installation to be complete. The second most obvious con is the fact that the 10 foot cord is extra stiff. During cold months, the cord looses its flexibility. Other cons include the fact that the priming the pump seem to be a little difficult to do. The garden hose adapter doesn’t seem to be a perfect fit for it. You may want to consider getting a new male and female adapter to help with proper flow.
User Guide of Product
The Superior pump 91250 can be easily set up if you have a thing for DIYs. Here is a detailed installation guide on how to set up the pump and operate it.
- Place the sump pump on a hard flat surface in the water. Ensure it is not placed on a muddy surface as this may clog up the intake screen or worse still, damage the pump.
- It is worthy to note that for the pump to operate properly, the water level must be at least an inch deep.
- Once this is done, connect the power cord to a grounded 120-volts AC outlet. If everything was done properly, the pump should start to operate once the electrical source is turned on.
- Once the water level reaches the desired or optimal depth, ensure you turn off the pump from the electrical source.
- As much as possible, try to make sure the pump is not totally dry to avoid unnecessary overheating.
- The pump comes with an anti-air lock device. So it is normal if you see some leakages while it’s in operation.
Maintenance of the Product
- Just like most other pumps, the service life of the device is dependent to a large extent on the maintenance practice it enjoys. For this reason, it is important to make necessarily steps to keep the product well maintained so as to get the best out of it for a long time. Once in every 3-4 months, clean out the discharge pipes for any attached debris. If the pump has not been used for a very long time, it is best you service it by priming it yourself and making sure it still works perfectly. If you’re unable to carry out these routine maintenance procedures, please get help from professionals in your area.
To help you get ahead with the use of the Superior pump 91250, here are some common questions and answers you may want to equip yourself with.
My pump has refused to run, what should I do?
There are three probable causes why it is not running. First you should take a closer look if actually you plugged the cord properly into the electrical outlet. Then check for blown fuses or circuit breakers. The last possible reason is that the motor thermal protector got tripped.
The pump is running but the discharge pressure is low, what should I do?
There are quite a number of reason why this could occur. The first is the possibility that the intake screen is clogged with debris. The discharge pipe could also be clogged with debris materials. During cold months, the discharge pipe can get frozen; this can also reduce the pressure.
If it is as a result of vent holes being blocked, you may want to clean them out.Then sometimes the problem could just be as a result of low voltage supply.
If you’re looking for a perfect blend of quality performance at a reasonable pricing, the Superior pump 91250 could be your best bet. It’s smallish design makes it ideal for many drainage purposes. But don’t be fooled by its small form as it is capable of giving the others a run for their money. Looking to buy a good sump pump? You should probably invest in the Superior pump 91250.