Gardener Corner Scholarship
GardenerCorner.com dedicates to provide its readers with easy-to-do gardening advices and tips that will help them live a happy, self-sufficient life.
Example: A Super Guide for Beginning Gardeners
Aspiring to spread awareness, GardenerCorner is pleased to announce the annual scholarship opportunity for college students, vocational, and trade schools who share the same passion with us. Our goal is to help students to follow their dreams by providing the opportunity to learn something they love and need to a selected few.
If you think you have what it takes to get the program, we highly encourage you to give it a try. Who knows? It might be for you, after all.
How Can You Qualify?
- We welcome all students from universities and vocational schools. If you are below 18 or if you’re still in high school, you can still join with the consent of your parents or a legal guardian before joining.
- Having a strong passion for gardening, farming, raising livestock, green living, homesteading, agriculture, and permaculture is a major factor. You don’t have to have actual experience.
How Does it Work?
Write 1500-2000 words long essay about how people living in the urban area can adopt the sustainable lifestyle. In other words, what are the ways or steps people can take in order to reduce carbon footprint and their use of Earth’s natural resources?
Other criteria in assessing your entry:
Keep in mind that there are many articles out there related to this topic. That’s why we need you to think of original, creative ideas that are feasible and can actually be applied by most people (i.e. without drastically changing their current lifestyle).
We only allow one submission per person.
Once you’re done with your essay, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 30, 2017.
When submitting, please don’t forget to include these details:
- Complete name with address and phone number
- Name of your school
- Any proof of being a student
So, What’s In It For You?
Good thing you asked!
We will pick a winner by December 15, 2017. If you’re the lucky one, a $1,000 check will be sent directly to your college by December 20, 2017.
And that’s not all. You’ll even get the chance to be one of our paid contributors. Now, how cool is that?
Remember, deadline of entry is on November 30, 2017.
We run our scholarship program every year
Terms And Conditions
- GardenerCorner reserves the exclusive rights to publish any of the entries it receives.
- The site will not charge or ask for any fees from any student who wish to join the program.
- Submitted entries are expected, and should be, duly accomplished by the applicants.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered and processed
- Non-English submissions will automatically be rejected.