Liberty Pumps 257 1/3-Horse Power Review
Customer’s Benefit in Using the Product
There are quite a number of places where this sump pumps can be used. In practicality, they can function to lift unwanted accumulated water from one point to the other. Because of the ruggedness of this product, you can be guaranteed a longer service life. Having to deal with a sump pump that keeps failing and requiring repairs is as good as not having any. This pump, with its capacity, can be depended upon to lift great volume of water.
Home basements can easily be susceptible to flooding if proper drainage was not installed or if the ground water level is relatively high. For this reason, it is wise to include pumps like the Liberty Pumps 257 1/3-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 250-Series Cast Iron Automatic Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump with VMF Switch.
Best Feature of the Product
- It comes with a rugged 1/3 HP motor
- The motor has pre-installed thermal overload protection
- It comes with permanently lubricated bearings
- Its motor is double sealed with switch cavities in place and also coated with an epoxy powder finish
- It is capable of handling 1-1/2” solid debris material
- It comes with a 1-1/2” discharge pipe
- To be able to withstand high temperatures, its vortex impeller is made of engineering polymer. This makes it ideal in handling superior solids
- It comes with an easy 10” disconnect power cord. This means the cord can easily be replaced with necessarily causing damage to the motor
- Its fasteners are made from pure stainless steel to prevent corrosion
- It is capable of pumping up to 50 GPM
- Comes with a VMF switch which is magnetically operated
- It comes with a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
PROS AND CONS
- If you are looking for a sump pump that can do its job perfectly and still leave you with your peace, then this is one of such products. During the discharge operation, the motor functions silently. For the quality of pumping this machine can deliver, it is fair to say it comes at a great price. Although it has a medium pricing, one would have to consider the cost of servicing and maintenance if it were like most other sump pumps. The pump has so many excellent reviews by Amazonians and most of them keep stating one simple fact – it is built to run strong and last very long.
- So well and good, there has not been any noticeable con to this device. In the case of malfunctions or technical issues, it has more to do with not following the installation guidelines as instructed.
User Guide of the Product
- The product comes with an instruction manual to help with the installation. Get the fittings in place as instructed and gently lower the motor in the sump pit. Ensure that there are no leakages after installation by test running the motor through on complete pumping cycle.
Maintenance of the Product
- While the Liberty Pumps 257 1/3-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 250-Series Cast Iron Automatic Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump with VMF Switch was designed to be rugged and run for years, this would only be possible if adequate care is given to its maintenance. If you are living in an area with constant flooding, obviously this pump would run continuously almost on a daily basis.
- The pump discharge pipes should be cleaned routinely to get rid of sludge materials and other solids that may be clogging them. Maintenance procedures can be grouped into month, quarterly and yearly routines. If the water from your washing machine empties directly into the sump pit, chances are that you would have to tackle build-up of solids. Ensure to clean them as often as it is possible.
- To avoid causing harm to yourself, always ensure that you disconnect the pump from it power source before embarking on any maintenance procedures. If you do not know much about how to maintain the sump pump, you can easily hire the services of professionals to come have it checked out. It is always a smart choice to ensure your sump pump is in ideal working conditions at any given time of the day.
How do you check or test a sump pump?
The first thing to do is to investigate if the discharge pipes are frozen or clogged and also if it channels water to the dry well or municipal drainage system. Before touching or lifting the pump, ensure you switch of the pump. Gently remove the liner top and use a torchlight to see if the pump is clean and floater still in place. You r primary focus would be cleaning the inlet screen and pipes. To what extent this would be done would be determined by the amount of clogging noticed.
If the discharge pipe is blocked or frozen, will it burn the pump?
Unlike many older sump pump motor, today’s sump pumps are designed with thermal protection to help protect the motor from such damage. What usually happens is that a thermal relay trips off power supply to the motor as soon as the temperature increases.
Does it have filters that need cleaning or replacement?
Sump pumps do not come with filters by default. What they do have is what is referred to as inlet screens. These screens are susceptible to clogging. It should be cleaned periodically to avoid reducing the pumping effectiveness of the pump.
The Liberty Pumps 257 1/3-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 250-Series Cast Iron Automatic Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump with VMF Switch is an excellent sump pump to have in the home. With lots of positive reviews, this is one pump to install in your home basement. If you are looking to get a pump that is rugged and has a long service life, the Liberty Pumps 257 1/3-Horse Power 1-1/2-Inch Discharge 250-Series Cast Iron Automatic Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump with VMF Switch is surely the way to go.